White Shoes or sneakers are one of the most loved fashion wear(footwear) at present time. Both boys and girls are adding white shoes to their collection. White shoes can be your gym partner, your running shoes, your casual wear, and even people wearing them at parties.
White shoes look clean and shiny when they are new. But they become dull and yellowish when they get old. So the best way to keep them shiny is proper and regular cleaning. But most people don’t have an idea about how to clean white shoes. Few peoples also hesitate when buying white shoes just because of cleaning. Here we are suggesting top ideas about cleaning your shoes at home.
Soap and water
The easiest and most effective way of cleaning is soap and water. Both of these items are available in your home so you don’t have to waste extra money. Here’s how to do it
- Make a soap solution with lukewarm water.
- Use an old toothbrush,(you can also buy a new one).
- Dip the brush in the solution and rub gently on your shoes.
- Repeat this until all strains remove.
- Once stains are removed washed them under a tap of cold water.
Baking Soda and Detergent
Yes, baking soda has also been used other than cooking. Baking soda is one of the best stain removers
Here’s how to do it
- Firstly mix the Detergent and Baking soda in the 75% to 25% ratio. Don’t add water while mixing them.
- Apply this mixer powder on your shoes, you can use a spoon or even a hand but do it gently.
- Leave your shoes for a few hours around 1-2 hours.
- Gently rub a brush on the shoe to remove the powder.
- Lastly use warm water to wash the shoe.
Bleach is a cleansing agent which is used to remove heavy stains from shoes. But be careful while using bleach as it can cause skin allergies. Here’s how to do it
- Create a bleach solution by adding it to warm water.
- Apply the solutions on strains only
- Rub the stain with a toothbrush or a sponge
- Clean the shoes with cold water and leave them to dry.
Use a multi-purpose cleaner spray to clean your shoes. Here’s how to do it
- Apply multi-purpose cleaner spray on stains.
- Use a toothbrush or soft cloth to rub the stains.
- Wash the shoes with water and leave them to dry.
Here we have mentioned a few of the common solutions to clean your shoes. You can use any method to get the desired result. But always be careful while rubbing the shoes because hard rubbing can damage the body of the shoes.