When it comes to learning English, there are a lot of different skills you need to master in order to be proficient. You need to be able to read and understand complex texts, write clearly and concisely, and of course, you need to be able to communicate effectively. The latter is arguably the most important skill of all, as it is the one that you will use most often in your daily life. In this article, we will cover the 7Cs of effective communication so that you can start using them in your own life! And how can you gain all these elements with English speaking classes online?
The 7Cs of Communication
There are seven key elements to effective communication. These are known as the ‘7Cs’:
1. Completeness: Make sure you communicate all the relevant information your audience needs to know.
2. Conciseness: Be clear and to the point. Avoid unnecessary words or fillers.
3. Consideration: Think about the needs of your audience and what would be most helpful or interesting for them to know.
4. Clarity: Use language that is easy to understand. Avoid jargon or technical terms unless absolutely necessary.
5. Correctness: Make sure your facts are accurate and your grammar is correct. Nothing will undermine your credibility more than getting something wrong!
6. Concreteness: Use specific and concrete examples to illustrate your points. Abstract concepts can be difficult for people to grasp.
7. Courtesy: Be polite and respectful, even if you disagree with someone. Rude or aggressive behavior will only hinder communication.
These elements are all important to keep in mind when communicating with others. By following these guidelines, you can ensure that your communication is clear, concise, and effective.
These key elements can be easily covered with the help of English speaking classes online. With English speaking classes online, you can improve your communication skills in no time and feel confident when speaking English with others
Barriers to Effective Communication
1. The first barrier to effective communication is the use of jargon. Jargon is a language that is specific to a particular profession or group of people. It can be difficult for people outside of that profession or group to understand.
For example, medical jargon can be difficult for laypeople to understand. Jargon should be avoided when communicating with people who are not familiar with it.
2. Another barrier to effective communication is the use of slang. Slang is an informal language that is used by a particular group of people. It can be difficult for people outside of that group to understand.
For example, teenagers often use slang that adults may not understand. Slang should be avoided when communicating with people who are not familiar with it.
3. Another barrier to effective communication is the use of acronyms. Acronyms are abbreviations that are used to represent a word or phrase. They can be difficult for people to understand if they are not familiar with them.
For example, the acronym “FUBAR” is commonly used in the military, but it may not be known by civilians. Acronyms should be avoided when communicating with people who are not familiar with them.
4. The final barrier to effective communication is the use of technical terms. Technical terms are words that are used in a particular field or profession. They can be difficult for people outside of that field or profession to understand.
For example, a mechanic may use technical terms when talking to a customer about their car. Technical terms should be avoided when communicating with people who are not familiar with them.
Tips for Improving Communication Skills
Here are some tips for improving your communication skills in English:
1. Speak slowly and clearly. This will help to ensure that your listener understands you.
2. Use simple language. Avoid using jargon or technical terms that your listener may not understand.
3. Use body language. Gestures and facial expressions can help to convey your meaning.
4. Be aware of your tone of voice. Your tone of voice can convey emotion and affect how your listener perceives what you are saying.
5. Listen actively. Pay attention to what your listener is saying and ask questions if you are unsure of something.
By following these tips, you can improve your communication skills in English and become a more effective communicator.
There you have it – the 7Cs of effective communication in English. By following these simple tips, you can improve your communication skills in no time and feel confident when speaking English with others. So what are you waiting for? Start practicing today!